About Us

Atworth Village Hall

Atworth Village Hall is over 100 years old and has been very much at the centre of village life throughout.


There is one large space that is used regularly by various groups and is available for family occasions, children’s parties and other celebrations.  The hall was recently redecorated to give it a fresh and bright look.

A well equipped kitchen can be used for events in the Main hall. We also have a separate Meeting Room for smaller events, suitable for Committee meetings, seminars and small teaching groups.

All the facilities are for hire at reasonable rates.  The Village Hall is maintained and managed by a small committee including representatives of the groups who regularly use the space. 


The building has disabled access and a disabled toilet; there are no steps throughout allowing full access to facilities.


History of the Building

Atworth Village Hall is on the Bath Road. It was built in 1913 as the Atworth Institute, and was divided into a reading room, a games room, and a room for juniors; these were opened into one large room for events such as dances.

At the rear were three slipper baths, which were removed in 1963. 
An earlier Workmen’s Hall was built in 1876/77. Religious Services, Parish and Toch H meetings were held there and reading books were made available.

Mr George Pargiter Fuller and Mrs Emily Georgina Jane Fuller generously bequeathed the land which became the Atworth Village Hall.  Within a year the building was erected on the site. Both the land and building was given to the village. Later they donated the land now used as the Recreation Ground to the village. Both the village hall and recreation ground are operated as a charity and managed by the Atworth Village Hall Management Trustees 

The Layout of the building in 1914

This plan is an exact copy of that contained in the first deed for Atworth Hall & Institute dated 19th August 1914